Our dark raisins are deliciously sweet and chewy. Eat them as a healthy snack, or toss them over oatmeal, cereals, and salads. One of our favorite ways to enjoy them is in oatmeal raisin cookies. Even the kids love these yummy dark raisins. As a good source of antioxidants, fiber, iron, and other minerals, raisins are a remarkable treat that will keep your health in tip-top shape!
Health Benefits of Raisins
1) Support the Heart - Raisins are a heart-healthy food that can lower harmful cholesterol levels. Naturally low in calories and high in soluble fiber, raisins stabilize blood sugar levels and reduce the uptake of cholesterol into the bloodstream. A 2012 study led by the University of Connecticut found that people who consumed one cup of raisins per day and walked regularly reduced their LDL cholesterol levels.
2) Build Strong Bones - Bones are the support system of the entire body, so it’s important to keep them healthy and strong. Raisins are an excellent source of a trace element known as boron, which plays a critical role in bone health. Research suggests that boron supplementation can reduce the risk for osteoporosis, a disease in which the bones become fragile and weak.
3) Protect the Eyes - The antioxidants present in raisins can help keep your eyes healthy well into your golden years. Vitamin A and carotenoids protect the eye’s retina by preventing oxidation caused by UV rays. They also reduce the risk for age-related macular degeneration, the leading cause of blindness among older adults.
4) Lower Blood Sugar - Blood sugar spikes can put a major strain on your metabolism and are especially harmful for diabetics, but enjoying raisins on a daily basis can help. A 2012 study presented at the American Diabetes Association’s 72nd Annual Scientific Session found that people who snacked on raisins three times a day for 12 weeks reduced their average post-meal glucose levels by 16 percent.
5) Promote Healthy Teeth & Gums - The next time you’re looking for a sweet treat your dentist will approve of, snack on a handful of dark raisins. Research presented at the American Society for Microbiology pinpointed five compounds in raisins that fight oral bacteria associated with cavities, tooth decay and gum disease. Now that should keep your pearly whites smiling!
Ratings & Reviews
Every thing was wonderful as usual! The workers are always pleasant & helpful . THANK YOUFedele, Staten Island, NY
I make a Dublin Christmas cake (sort of an iced fruitcake) every year for Christmas. Nuts.com has always had quality ingredients and has excellent shipping.James, Sneads Ferry, NC
Huge, juicy raisins.Andrea, Pennington, NJ
I'm sure these are excellent just as all products I have triedOma, Geneva, NY
Raisins (1/10th of 1% vegetable oil to prevent clumping). Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Serving size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from Fat|
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Approximately 1200 pieces per pound.
Country of origin: United States