Almonds are one of the world’s most nutritious and versatile nuts, renowned for their many health benefits and culinary uses. Discover your favorite almond products at Nuts.com from premium supreme-sized raw almonds and candy-coated Jordan almonds, to finely blanched almond flour and all natural almond butters for your snacking and recipe needs.
Health Benefits of Almonds
1) Lower Cholesterol: Almonds are the leading source of monounsaturated fat among commonly eaten nuts: over 60% of the total fat in almonds is monounsaturated. Numerous studies have demonstrated the cholesterol-lowering effects of consuming foods rich in monounsaturated fat. A 2005 study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that consuming almonds as part of a heart-healthy diet can be just as effective at lowering LDL “bad” cholesterol levels as first generation statin drugs. 2) Reduce Blood Sugar Levels: Eating almond nuts may be a great option for diabetics looking to maintain healthy blood glucose levels. Findings from a 2007 study published in the journal Metabolism found that consuming almonds alongside white bread regulates spikes in blood sugar and significantly lowers the glycemic index of the meal.
3) Heart-Loving Antioxidant Powers: Almonds are one of the richest food sources of alpha-tocopherol, the form of vitamin E that is most easily absorbed by the body. Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant that protects cells against the damaging effects of free radicals, boosts the immune system, supports cardiovascular health, and helps your body create new red blood cells.
A 2005 study published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association found that almond consumption helped meet the Recommended Dietary Allowance of 15 mg/day alpha-tocopherol and improved red blood cell concentration. Another study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that almonds can reduce C-reactive protein, an indication of inflammation that affects the arteries.
4) Weight Control: As part of a calorie-conscious eating regime, almonds, which are high in monounsaturated fats, can help obese adults lose weight easier than a diet high in complex carbohydrates, according to a study in the International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders. Contrary to many worries of healthy eaters, consuming almonds actually lowers the risk of weight gain. A 28-month long study showed that individuals who ate almonds at least twice per week were 31% less likely to gain weight than nut-avoiding participants. So go ahead and go nuts!
10 Healthy and Delicious Ways to Use Almonds
1) Enjoy them raw, roasted, or seasoned for a delicious and healthy snack
2) Replace wheat flour with finely blanched almond flour in baked goods to support low-carb, gluten-free, and paleo diets
3) Mix chopped almonds into yogurt, oatmeal, smoothies or baked goods for a nutty nutrient fix
4) Share Jordan almonds with your guests during special occasions, like weddings, showers, and other celebrations.
5) Spread almond butter on sliced bread or toast or use as a base for sauce
6) Add a crunchy almond coating to poultry or fish as an alternative to bread crumbs
7) Dark chocolate covered almonds satisfy a sweet tooth and pack an antioxidant boost
8) Blend almonds in a food processor to make your own homemade almond butter or almond milk
9) Toss sliced almonds with salads, stir-fries, whole grains, and other side dishes
10) Use almond oil as a healthy, nutty alternative to butter or canola oil
We also offer wholesale almonds. From roasted to raw, from candy-coated to chocolate covered, we have all different types of almonds available. We even offer truly raw and unpasteurized almonds imported from Spain. For incredible freshness and the best selection, buy almonds at Nuts.com.