Organic Cacao Beans (Raw)
Cacao beans are the dried and fermented seeds of the cacao plant. These hand-selected, raw organic cacao beans offer extraordinary richness and depth of flavor. Crack open a few for a concentrated burst of energy and good source of antioxidants, magnesium and fiber. Add them to smoothies, or crumble them over yogurt and desserts for a boost of guiltless chocolaty flavor.
3 Surprising Health Benefits of Cacao Beans
1) Antioxidant Powerhouse: The flavanols found in raw cacao have been shown to lower blood pressure, improve blood flow to the brain and fight cell damage. Raw forms of chocolate, like these cacao beans, contain the highest concentrations of flavanols. Munch on some raw cacao beans to improve heart health and brain power.
2) Rich in Minerals: Cacao beans are an excellent source of iron, magnesium and even calcium. One cup of these organic cacao beans provides 429 milligrams of magnesium, which is 107 percent of the recommended daily value (RDV). The same serving also provides over 60 percent of the RDV for iron and 11 percent of the RDV for calcium.
3) Good Source of Fiber: Most Americans don’t get the recommended daily value for fiber, which is 25 to 30 grams a day from food, not supplements. Luckily, you can get five grams of dietary fiber in every one-ounce serving of raw cacao beans. The fiber found in this nutritious food can help support the digestive system and lower LDL cholesterol levels.
What Do Cacao Beans Taste Like?
Cacao beans have a rich dark chocolate flavor. They are chocolate in its simplest, unprocessed form with no additives.
How to Eat Cacao Beans
There are endless ways to enjoy cacao beans! Give one of these ideas a go:
- Mix them in trail mix for a boost of healthy chocolate goodness
- Crumble raw cacao beans over yogurt, ice cream or pudding
- Make a rich, homemade dark chocolate from scratch
- Blend cacao beans with frozen bananas and milk for a smoothie
- Eat them straight out of the bag
Did You Know?
Did you know that cacao beans are one of the richest sources of antioxidants in the world? This Mayan superfood was even traded as a form of currency in ancient Mesoamerica. As a food source, cacao beans had an intrinsic value and they were also very portable, which lent them well to travel and trade.
Ratings & Reviews
Surprised by how yummy these are all on their ownNicola, Astoria, NY
Been buying these for years, always good!Robert, Grants Pass, OR
Very tasty, I eat them raw, but heating them up brings out the cocoa flavor.Robert, Grants Pass, OR
They are a bit less “clean” than I expected them to be.. But when I blended them they taste as good as the ones I used to buy in one pound bags. My review is 4.8 in fact.... Yes, I recommend them!Eva, Wyoming, PA
Organic Cacao Beans Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Serving size 28g (~1 oz.)
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from Fat||138|
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of origin: Ecuador