Organic cacao nibs are nature’s original chocolate chips! Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and fiber. Their deep dark chocolate flavor is perfect when you’re craving a chocolate treat without the indulgence factor. Try adding them to baked goods, smoothies or trail mixes. Cacao nibs offer plentiful health benefits and are yummy to boot!
What are Cacao Nibs?
Cacao nibs are simply chocolate in its purest form, before anything else is added. (A “nib” is the edge or point of something.) They are dried and fermented bits of cacao beans. The texture of our raw organic cacao nibs is similar to that of roasted coffee beans. They have a deep chocolate flavor which can be described as slightly bitter and nutty. Raw cacao nibs are the less processed version of chocolate with no unhealthy additives, so they preserve all the nutrients of the natural cacao bean. Cacao nibs are an excellent source of antioxidants, fiber, iron and magnesium. These crunchy cacao bits are often used to play up the chocolate flavor in sweets and other dishes.
How to Use Cacao Nibs
1) Right out of the bag: Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Trail mix: Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Smoothies: Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Breakfast foods: Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Baked goods: Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Cacao Nib Recipes
1) Candied Cacao Nibs - For a sweeter version of cacao nibs, heat 1 part cacao nibs, 1 part water, and 2 parts sugar in a skillet over medium heat. Continue cooking until sugar melts to a deep amber color. Stir in 1/2 part butter. Transfer the mixture to a baking pan and let cool. Enjoy as a topping for ice cream or just a sweet treat.
2) Chocolate-y Energy Bites - Combine 1 cup dates, 3 tablespoons almond butter, 1/4 cup cacao nibs, 2 tablespoons cacao powder, and 2/3 cups rolled oats in a food processor. Pulse until combined. Roll into 1-inch balls, and set in the fridge until firm. Makes about 15 bites.
3) Cacao Chia Pudding - Whisk together 1 1/2 cups almond milk, 1/3 cup chia seeds, 1/4 cup cacao powder, 1 tablespoon cacao nibs and 1/4 cup maple syrup in a large bowl. Pour into individual cups or mason jars. Set them in the fridge overnight. Serve chilled with your favorite toppings the next day!
Organic Cacao Nibs Nutrition
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves raw cacao nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 1 gram of sugar and 8 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Also referred to as: raw cocoa nibs, organic cocoa nibs
Ratings & Reviews
These give a nice chocolate flavor to my protein drink without the sugar.Kelli, Chicago, IL
Very bitter but fun to add for that anti-inflammatory crunch!Deborah, Lawrenceville, GA
Nibs. These are amazing. We add to yogurt, granola, vegan breakfast cookies.Susan, Saint Petersburg, FL
GREAT on ice cream.Robert, Crawfordsville, IN
Organic Cacao Nibs. Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Serving size 28g (~1 oz.)
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from Fat||139|
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of origin: Peru