Organic quinoa puffs give you all the benefits of quinoa in a crispy snack. Just add milk and enjoy; no cooking needed. Puffed quinoa also makes a crunchy addition to yogurt, oatmeal and granola bars. The best part? It’s packed with high-quality protein, fiber and iron so it not only tastes great but is also great for you!
3 Surprising Health Benefits of Puffed Quinoa
1) Protein Powerhouse: Quinoa is one of few plant foods that provides a complete protein source with all nine essential amino acids. This makes puffed quinoa an excellent post-workout snack when served alongside fruit or as a topping for Greek yogurt.
2) High in Fiber: Quinoa puffs are also a good source of fiber, providing three grams per serving. The fiber found in quinoa is beneficial for digestive health. Quinoa puffs contain nearly twice as much fiber as nearly all other grains.
3) Rich in Iron: The mineral iron is necessary for the transport of oxygen-rich red blood cells throughout the body, and quinoa puffs are a great source of it. A single serving provides over 25 percent of the daily value (DV) for iron.
5 Ways to Eat Puffed Quinoa
1) Breakfast Cereal: Pour yourself a bowl of puffed quinoa and enjoy with your choice of milk in place of puffed rice cereal for a more nutritious meal.
2) Topping: Puffed quinoa makes a healthy, crunchy addition to Greek yogurt, frozen yogurt, ice cream and more.
3) Granola Bars: Substitute part of the rolled oats in your favorite granola bar recipe for these protein-packed quinoa puffs for a satisfyingly crispy texture.
4) Energy Squares: Make your own homemade energy squares with puffed quinoa, date paste, chocolate chips and any other add-ins you like.
5) On Its Own: Snack on puffed quinoa on-the-go when you’re in need of a protein pick-me-up!
Quinoa Puffs: Our Registered Dietitian’s Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut works with pro-athletes and she trains for half-marathons, so making sure the athletes (and she) have plenty of high-quality protein is essential. Quinoa puffs are one of her favorite products because they can be used as an ingredient in recipes, as a snack, or as an easy breakfast, perfect with a drizzle of honey, sliced fruit and milk. Our Health Nut believes that every cupboard needs a bag (or two) of quinoa puffs!
Ratings & Reviews
These are so good, especially on salads!wendy, Hockley, TX
Great tasting to add crunch to mealsCandy, Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Love itSuzanne, Ocala, FL
Tried it for Dutch apple pie with brown sugar and walnuts!!! Very delicious!arlene, Albuquerque, NM
Organic Quinoa. Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Serving size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from Fat||2|
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of origin: Peru