Organic Hemp Protein Powder
Organic hemp protein powder is cold-pressed from whole hemp seeds. Packed with 50% protein and all of the nutrients from its seeds, this supplement is a beneficial addition to any diet. Try hemp protein in smoothies, shakes, oatmeal and more for an easy-to-digest, plant-based protein boost. It’s also Certified Organic and non-GMO.
How Much Hemp Protein Powder Should I Take?
The amount of hemp protein powder you should take depends on your individual protein needs. As a general rule of thumb, we suggest taking two tablespoons of hemp protein per day. This amount will add 15 grams of protein to your diet. The serving size can be reduced or increased depending on your daily protein requirement.
How to Use Hemp Protein Powder
Hemp protein powder has a mild nutty flavor that works well with everyday foods. Try it in:
- Smoothies and juices: Blend hemp protein with fruits and veggies for a nutritious drink.
- Yogurt and cereal: Mix a spoonful of the powder in yogurt or sprinkle it over cereals for a protein boost.
- Batter mixes: Add a 1/4 cup of hemp protein to the batter for pancakes, muffins, or cookies to get a super source of nutrition.
- Granola bars: For a post-workout snack, whip up your favorite granola bars recipe and be sure to add in a scoop of hemp protein.
Hemp Protein Benefits
1) Protein Powerhouse: Hemp protein powder provides 15 grams of protein per serving to assist you in meeting your daily protein needs. It contains a nearly perfect balance of the essential amino acids, which cannot be made by the body and must be consumed through food. Hemp protein contains 50 percent protein by weight, and as such, it’s an ideal plant-based source of protein for vegans, vegetarians, athletes or anyone.
2) Excellent Source of Fiber: Per serving, hemp protein powder contains 8 grams of dietary fiber, 90 percent of which is insoluble and 10 percent of which is soluble. Insoluble fiber helps maintain a healthy digestive system, while soluble fiber can help manage blood sugar and LDL cholesterol levels.
3) Ideal Balance of Essential Fatty Acids: Hemp seeds provide omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids (EFAs) in the nutritionally optimal 1:3 ratio. The average adult following a typical Western diet does not get an ideal balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids, which can result in a wide range of health problems.
4) Easy to Digest: As a plant-based protein, hemp powder is easy on the digestive system. It does not contain any oligosaccharides, which are chemicals present in soy and whey that can produce gas and digestive upset. Since hemp protein lacks these compounds, it is easy to digest.
Hemp Protein Nutrition
A 1.1 ounce serving (about two tablespoons) of hemp protein powder contains:
- 90 calories
- 15 grams of protein
- 8 grams of dietary fiber
- 40 percent of the daily value (DV) for iron
- An ideal balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Important nutrients like vitamin E, magnesium and zinc
How is Hemp Protein Powder Made?
Hemp protein powder is made by cold-pressing whole hemp seeds. The hemp seeds come from Certified Organic and non-GMO hemp that is grown on farms in Canada. The cold-pressing process separates the seed from the oil to leave behind a dry, cake-like substance. This cake is then cold-milled to produce this highly-concentrated source of protein in powder form. Nuts.com sources the best hemp protein powder available.
Ratings & Reviews
This is awesome I made some in the morning before my workout with my private trainerGertrude, Roslindale, MA
I mix it with water and it goes right downKeith, Orlando, FL
So clean and has an amazing smell to it.Ariella, Columbus, OH
Always good for protein shakesNANCY, Naples, FL
Organic Hemp Seeds. Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Serving size 14g (~0.5 oz.)
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from Fat||14|
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of origin: Canada