Known as the anti-aging fruit, goji berries are a darling of the superfood world. Packed with powerful antioxidants, they offer benefits for the skin, immune system, and more. These 100% natural dried red goji berries are grown in the vast Himalayan Mountain region. Naturally sweet and chewy, these non-GMO delights are simply delicious. Sprinkle goji berries on oatmeal, serve them in tea, or snack on them out of the bag.
6 Surprising Health Benefits of Goji Berries
1) Anti-Aging Superfood - Goji berries are considered the world’s most powerful anti-aging food. They’re rated #1 on the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) scale, which measures the antioxidant level of foods. Antioxidants fight free radical damage associated with diseases and premature aging. Dried goji berries contain 3 times the antioxidants of pomegranates!
2) Protect Eyesight - Goji berries contain two key nutrients that support vision: lutein and zeaxanthin. Studies show that consuming high amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin lowers the risk for developing age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, and other eye diseases.
3) Promote Skin Health - The vitamins in dried goji berries can give your skin a healthy, youthful glow. The rich content of vitamin A, vitamin C and zinc naturally occurring in goji berries helps to improve skin tone and texture. Research suggests that vitamin C and zinc act as antioxidants to lessen the harmful effects of UV radiation on the skin.
4) Boosts Immune System - Goji berries contain even more vitamin C per ounce than oranges. They are also high in the trace element selenium, which fights bacterial and viral infections. Adding a small handful of dried goji berries to hot teas or soups isn’t a bad idea when the cold and flu season hits.
5) Good Source of Amino Acids - Goji berries contain 18 amino acids, including all eight essential amino acids. Our bodies use this combination of amino acids to build the proteins we need. Since we cannot synthesize essential amino acids from scratch, we must obtain them through our diet.
6) Liver & Kidney Benefits - A compound found in goji berries called betaine, is used by the liver to produce choline. Choline supports the liver and kidneys by helping them expel toxins and waste from the body.
What Do Goji Berries Taste Like?
Dried goji berries have a mild sweetness and are slightly chewy, which makes them perfect for snacking or using in beverages and recipes.
How to Use Goji Berries in Recipes
1) Teas, smoothies & other beverages - Reconstitute goji berries by soaking them in warm water for 5 to 10 minutes, until they become plump and chewy. When the goji berry is reconstituted, it takes on a hearty sweetness and is wonderful in beverages.
2) Goji Berry Parfait - For this single serving parfait, you’ll need 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup granola, 1/4 cup soaked goji berries, and 1/4 cup fresh berries. In a tall glass, layer one-third of the yogurt, half of the granola and all of the fresh berries. Repeat layers with the goji berries this time. Finish with the remaining yogurt.
3) Goji Trail Mix - Combine 1/2 cup almonds, 1/2 cup walnuts, 1/3 cup goji berries, 1/3 cup dried blueberries, and 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips in a bowl. Place 1/4 cup in baggies and enjoy as an on-the-go snack!
4) Baked Goods - After combining all the ingredients for your batter, fold in 3/4 cup soaked goji berries in place of blueberries, chocolate chips, or similar add-ins. Bake according to recipe instructions.
5) Other Uses - Goji berries make a sweet and healthy snack on their own, and are also delicious as a topping for oatmeal or cereal. Toss them in salads or let them soak in soups for a chewy treat. Goji berries are also delightful in quinoa, rice, and other grain dishes.
What Are Goji Berries?
Goji berries are small, bright red fruits of the Lycium barbarum shrub that’s native to China. First used by the Tibetans in China to treat various ailments, goji berries have been a part of Eastern cuisine and medicine for over 2,000 years. In Chinese mythology, goji berries are known as the fruit of immortality. Even today, Chinese medicine uses goji berries to treat the liver, immune system, circulation problems, and more. Goji berries may also be referred to by alternate names such as western snowberries and wolfberries.
What Experts Are Saying About Goji Berries
Chef Joe of PBS’s Taste This TV used our goji berries to make Chocolate Covered Goji Berries, and he loved them!
“Goji berries…mother nature’s gift! I have used many different goji products in my career and I have never worked with such a fresh product. Nuts.com goji berries come fresh, directly out of the package. Not only are you getting all the wonderful health benefits, but they taste so natural and fresh! From the plant to your table, Nuts.com is sure to satisfy your palette! Thank you, Nuts.com.”
Our Registered Dietitian’s Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to add these vitamin A rich berries to trail mix. Vitamin A is linked to boosting the immune system and plays a critical role in vision. For a simple trail mix recipe, combine 1 cup of your favorite nuts and seeds, 1 cup of goji berries, and 1 cup of granola.Read More
Ratings & Reviews
WE LOVE THEM AND WE LIKE TO ORDER MORE FROM YOU!Georgica, Millersburg, OH
This is my first try at eating them. So far, I have tried them straight out of the bag and mix with oatmeal and other breakfast foods. They are sweet with just the right amount of natural sugar for me and yet they have a crunch that I really like.Robert, San Antonio, TX
These goji berries are delicious and one of my favorite snacks to have every day!Alexis, Somerdale, NJ
Love them alone or mixed with other “seeds”. YUM!Germaine, Crest Hill, IL
Goji Berries. Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, sesame, and milk products.
Serving size 28g (~1 oz.)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Approximately 850 pieces per pound.
Country of origin: China