* For destinations within the contiguous US, orders totaling $59 or more (before tax) ship free and orders below $59 ship for $5.99. For other destinations, shipping is calculated at checkout. 3-5 day free shipping can be upgraded for faster delivery. Multiple shipping addresses count separately.
This Pink Powder Bundle, created by our Registered Dietitian, contains the antioxidant power of VitaCherry powder, as well as heart-healthy nitrates from beet powder. And the chia seeds are a perfect complement to the power of pink, adding fiber and omega-3’s. Read on to learn about other health benefits and see recipes for the powders.
1) Beet Powder (1 lb) - Beets gain some of their powerful health-promoting benefits from nitrates, which are linked to increasing blood flow and improving the ‘top number’ (systolic) in blood pressure readings, particularly in men.
2) Organic VitaCherry Powder (4 oz) – This powder delivers the same anthocyanins as tart cherries! Tart cherries have amazing anti-inflammatory properties. In fact, studies have linked tart cherry juice to being as effective as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) in reducing inflammation in the body.
3) Chia seeds (1 lb) – These tiny little seeds are packed with nutritional power, including omega-3 fats, which are linked to decreasing inflammation and helping heart health. A unique property of chia seeds is that they are hydrophilic and retain about 10 times their weight in water, which can have a hydrating effect on the body.
How Can I Use These Powders?
Check out these additional recipes created by our Registered Dietitian which show you how to incorporate these superpowders into your diet in creative and healthy ways.
Pink Power Slushie
Serves 1 (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 teaspoon VitaCherry Powder
1 teaspoon Beet Powder
1 cup light almond milk
1/2 cup ice
1 cup frozen strawberries
Optional: 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt for sweetness.
Combine ingredients and blend until icy and smooth.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 120 calories, 3 grams fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 190 milligrams sodium, 25 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fiber, 19 grams sugar, 2 grams protein, 15% DV Vitamin A, 40% DV Vitamin C, 50% DV Calcium, 4% DV Iron
Chia Cherry Bites
Serves 12 (2 bites each)
1 cup dried tart cherries
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon beet powder
2 tablespoons almond butter
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup chia seeds
2 cups granola
1. Combine the tart cherries and almond flour, pulse until combined.
Then add the beet powder, almond butter and water and blend until smooth and thick.
Then add the granola and chia seeds and mix by hand or for a smoother texture, pulse in the blender until combined.
Transfer to a storage container and store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, to let the mixture to firm up. Then form the energy bites mixtures into 1-inch balls or blocks. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 160 calories, 7 grams fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 25 milligrams sodium, 25 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fiber, 15 grams sugar, 4 grams protein, 6% DV Vitamin A, 2% DV Vitamin C, 8% DV Calcium, 6% DV Iron
*This powder bundle was developed exclusively for Nuts.com and our customers by Molly Morgan, Registered Dietitian (RD).