* For destinations within the contiguous U.S., orders totaling $59 or more (before tax) ship free and orders below $59 ship for $5.99. Multiple shipping addresses count separately. For other destinations (including international), shipping cost is calculated at checkout. Delivery date will be estimated at checkout.See Full Details
This bug-fighting bundle created by our Registered Dietitian is full of ingredients to help boost your immune system, including echinacea powder, matcha green tea powder, and dates. Echinacea powder helps defend against colds, while matcha supercharges your diet with antioxidant power. Plump and delicious dates make a great base for energy bites and are rich in potassium. Read on to learn about other health benefits and see recipes for the powders!
1) Echinacea Powder (1 lb) – This herb has been shown to decrease inflammation in the body, which is likely why it is linked to helping fight cold symptoms. Research shows that Echinacea can help modestly reduce cold symptoms.
2) 100% Matcha Green Tea powder (8 oz) – Matcha green tea powder has been linked to many different health benefits. One study found matcha to be protective against liver and kidney damage in animals with diabetes. Antioxidant power!
3) Pitted Dates (1 lb) – Each cup of dates has about 954 milligrams of potassium, which is a mineral necessary for the body to function. Potassium helps move nutrients into cells and helps nerves and muscles communicate; plus it helps to balance out blood pressure. Dates also provide other key nutrients including calcium, iron, and vitamin B-6.
How Can I Use These Powders?
Check out these additional recipes created by our Registered Dietitian which show you how to incorporate these superpowders into your diet in creative and healthy ways.
1) Immune Boost Bites
Serves 6 (2 bites each)
1 cup dates, pitted
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon Echinacea powder
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup dried apricots
1. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and pulse until the mixture is well combined. Then transfer to a storage container or covered bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes for the mixture to firm.
Remove from the refrigerator, and then roll the mixture into 1-inch balls or blocks to form the bites.
Store the bites in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 100 calories, 0.5 grams fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 0 milligrams sodium, 25 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, 15 grams sugar, 1 gram protein, 15% DV Vitamin A, 0% DV Vitamin C, 2% DV Calcium, 4% DV Iron