Mulberries are a superfood that’s worth mulling over! Our dried mulberries have a naturally sweet flavor with no added sugar. They provide unusually high levels of protein and iron for a fruit, and are also a rich source of vitamin C, fiber, calcium, and antioxidants. All-natural dried white mulberries are delicious as a snack, or mixed in yogurt, smoothies, and more.
What Do Mulberries Taste Like?
Mulberries have a mild sweet flavor that is similar in taste to dried goji berries and figs. These berries are dried so they have a slightly crunchy texture.
How to Eat Dried Mulberries
Natural dried mulberries are a delicious and healthy snack. There are so many ways to enjoy them in your diet:
1) Add dried mulberries to granola or trail mix for a sweet spin. Mulberries pair well with nuts, dried berries and coconut.
2) Reconstitute dried mulberries by soaking them in water before adding them to baked good recipes.
3) Prepare a green tea or herbal tea, and add a hint of sweetness by letting dried mulberries soak at the bottom of the cup.
4) Blend soaked mulberries into smoothies or juices.
5) Garnish yogurt, oatmeal, or salads with the dried berries.
6) Grind up dried mulberries and add them to recipes for muffins or cookies for a boost of nutrition.
7) Our favorite way - Snack on dried mulberries straight from the bag!
Health Benefits of Mulberries
1) Antioxidant Powerhouse - Dried mulberries are an excellent source of anthocyanins, a group of antioxidants known for their anti-inflammatory properties. They have also been used to improve blood circulation. Dried mulberries contain another compound called resveratrol, the same potent antioxidant found in red wine and peanuts that is revered for its anti-aging effects. Studies indicate that resveratrol may lower blood pressure and reduce the risk for heart disease.
2) Plentiful Source of Fiber - A single serving of mulberries contains nearly 20 percent of your recommended fiber intake. Most people consume far less than the recommended amount so snacking on dried mulberries is a great way to boost the fiber content of your diet. These delicious fruits are an ideal source of both soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber helps control blood sugar and reduce harmful cholesterol levels, while insoluble fiber is essential for a healthy digestive system.
3) More Vitamin C than Oranges - With 190% of the daily recommended value for vitamin C per serving, dried mulberries contain even more of this immunity-boosting vitamin per ounce than oranges! Getting plenty of vitamin C is important for supporting the immune system, repairing tissue, and protecting vision. Vitamin C also acts as an antioxidant that may lower the risk for heart disease by fighting oxidative damage.
4) Rich in Protein, Iron & Calcium - For a fruit, mulberries are an unusually high source of protein. They contain 4 grams of protein per serving, which makes them a great post-workout snack. Dried mulberries also contain a whopping 30% of the daily value for iron, and 10% of the daily value for calcium. Iron fights fatigue and keeps you feeling energized as it works to carry oxygen-rich blood cells throughout the body. Calcium is the foundation for strong bones and teeth, and an adequate intake of calcium can help prevent the risk of developing osteoporosis.
Our Registered Dietitian’s Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves dried mulberries because of their delicious flavor, nutrient content, and connection to antioxidant and anti-diabetic effects. Mulberries are rich in anthocyanins, plus each serving has 5 grams of dietary fiber. Make a superfood parfait by combining layers of berry yogurt, granola, and dried mulberries.
Our dried mulberries are sourced from Turkey, where most of the white mulberries are cultivated today. White mulberry trees, also known as Morus alba, are shaken during harvest time to encourage fresh mulberries to fall from their branches. The ripe fruit is collected in soft nets and dried to the perfect, crunchy treat that we can enjoy anywhere.
Dried Mulberries Storage
Dried mulberries may be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 year. They should be kept in a sealed bag or container, away from heat and direct sunlight.
Fun Fact: At Nuts.com, we have a special affinity for mulberries, as our store was located on Mulberry Street in Newark, New Jersey for decades.
Ratings & Reviews
This is just the best new item to put in a cold or hot breakfast ..... also works in CAKESJanet, Iowa City, IA
The best mulberries. Tender and delicious!Lorrainne, Greenbrier, TN
great taste, and clean, much better than the black mulberries.Hao, Superior, CO
My absolute favorite. Fresh and yummy!Adrienne, Irvine, CA
White Mulberry. Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Serving size 28g (~1 oz.)
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from Fat||7|
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Approximately 1120 pieces per pound.
Country of origin: Turkey