Raw Pepitas (No Shell Pumpkin Seeds)
Put some pep in your step with our raw pepitas! These tasty pumpkin seeds pack an irresistible crunch along with a major health punch. High in healthy fats, pepitas are a good-for-you, satisfying snack. Toss them in salads, mix them in trail mix, or add them to your favorite recipes for a boost of nutrition. You’ll agree that their delicious nutty flavor is simply delightful.
What are Pepitas?
The name pepita comes from the Mexican Spanish phrase, pepita de calabaza, which translates to “little seed of squash.” Pepitas often refer to the seeds of pumpkins, although they can also come from other varieties of squash. Our raw pepitas are flat, oval-shaped green seeds that are removed from pumpkins and then dried for eating. These are shelled pumpkin seeds, meaning the shell has been removed, so they’re ready to enjoy!
6 Surprising Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
These pumpkin seeds may be little, but they sure pack a lot of nutrition, including:
1) Protein: Each one-ounce serving of pepitas provides a whopping five grams of protein. Talk about an ideal post-workout snack!
2) Dietary Fiber: Pepitas also provide three grams of dietary fiber to support a healthy digestive system. Foods rich in fiber can help lower “LDL” bad cholesterol levels.
3) Minerals: Pumpkin seeds are also a great source of minerals like phosphorus, magnesium and zinc. Phosphorus is important for bone health, magnesium is involved in over 600 chemical reactions in the body and zinc supports immune system health.
5) Essential Fatty Acids: High in plant-based omega-3s (known as alpha-linolenic acid or ALA), pepitas can help lower inflammation levels and offer balance to your diet.
6) Antioxidants: Pumpkin seeds contain numerous compounds with antioxidant capabilities. One such compound, vitamin E, is available in a wide variety of forms in pumpkin seeds. Vitamin E offers significant protection against free radicals and toxins.
6 Ways To Eat & Enjoy Pepitas
1) Sprinkle on a salad: A handful of crunchy pepitas is a healthy alternative to croutons.
2) Mix in baked goods: Toss pepitas into your next batch of granola bars, muffins, or cookies.
3) Use as a topping: Oatmeal and yogurt are even better with pumpkin seeds on top.
4) Add to dishes: Pepitas are a tasty addition to chicken recipes, or quinoa dishes.
5) Puree for a dip: This pepita salsa recipe is delicious with pita bread or chips.
6) A healthy snack: As you can guess, they’re a great snack on their own or in trail mix!
Our Registered Dietitian’s Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut gives raw pepitas a big thumbs up! She loves that they provide a concentrated source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Pepitas are a great addition to a healthy diet because each serving provides vitamin E, B-complex vitamins, copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, and iron. Her favorite way to enjoy pumpkin seeds is mixed with salads and topped on her morning oatmeal.
Every one loves them excellent.lucy, Milan, MI
I love raw pumpkin seeds as a snack or apart of a recipe!Kiomi, Brooklyn, NY
Great taste and quality.Mary, New York, NY
fresh and deliciousDebra, St johnsbury, VT
Pumpkin Seed Kernels Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Serving size 28g (~1 oz.)
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from Fat||48|
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of origin: China