This delicious combination of mixed nuts in shell is a perfect assortment for any nut lover! Get your nutcracker ready to crack open premium walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts (filberts), pecans, and Brazil nuts. Not only is this mix fun to eat, it’s also packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats from the nutritious combination of popular nuts. Fresh and delicious as can be, you really can’t go wrong with these in shell mixed nuts.
5 Surprising Health Benefits of Mixed Nuts
1) Nutrient Powerhouse: Eating a snack of mixed nuts is a great way to get a wide range of nutrients including protein, monounsaturated fats, fiber, vitamin E, magnesium and more. Certain nuts are also high in specific nutrients; for example, brazil nuts are the best food source of selenium. You’ll benefit greatly by enjoying a mix of different nuts in your diet.
2) Rich in Antioxidants: Fight free radicals with a handful of mixed nuts! The powerful antioxidants in this snack protect the cells from free radical damage. Too many free radicals can cause oxidative stress, which increases the risk for certain diseases and premature aging. Antioxidant-rich foods like nuts can keep free radicals at bay and prevent further damage.
3) Promotes Weight Loss: Although you may not think of nuts as a diet food, they can actually help you lose weight. Research suggests that not all of the calories in nuts are absorbed by the body, which is probably due to their high fiber content. A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine found that nut-eaters tend to be slimmer than those who do not eat nuts.
4) Controls Blood Sugar: Adding tree nuts (i.e. almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc.) to your diet can help control and even improve blood sugar levels. A study conducted at St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto found that tree nuts can improve blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes. The participants in the study consumed 54 grams of tree nuts per day.
5) Heart Healthy: Mixed nuts are chock-full of protective, heart-healthy nutrients including monounsaturated fats, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and fiber. Monounsaturated fats are known to help lower bad cholesterol levels, while omega-3 fatty acids protect against inflammation. Antioxidants fend off cellular damage, which is known to be a leading cause of heart disease and oxidation. Further, the dietary fiber found in nuts can help lower LDL cholesterol levels and prevent spikes in blood sugar. As you can see, nuts are truly a food that benefits your heart.
Ratings & Reviews
Great varietyNatalie, Sunrise, FL
Great product and very convenient... the squirrels and birds love you!!Jeannette, Vancouver, WA
These nuts seemed stale.Sandra, Columbus, OH
Great as a gift. Need to put in a bucket with a nut cracker.Lori, Mesa, AZ
Walnuts, Filberts, Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Pecans Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Serving size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from Fat||160|
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Approximately 95 pieces per pound.
Country of origin: United States