Sacha Inchi Seeds is touted by many as one of the world’s healthiest superfoods. Also known as Inca peanuts or Inca nuts, this dry roasted and unsalted snack is among the richest sources of omega fatty acids in the world. Sacha Inchi seeds are also loaded with protein, fiber and antioxidants. Our Sacha Inchi from Peru is dry roasted to nutty, crunchy perfection - truly a superfood!
What is Sacha Inchi?
Grown in the Amazon Rainforest and the high Andes Mountains of Peru, Sacha Inchi has been part of the Inca diet for 3000 years. The Sacha Inchi plant, Plukenetia volubilis, is a rainforest vine, with star-shaped seed pods, meaning that these Inca peanuts are technically seeds, not nuts.
What Does Sacha Inchi Taste Like?
Our sacha inchi seeds have a unique, mild, nutty taste that many compare to that of a dark roasted peanut with a slight woody flavor. Try tossing it in a little olive oil and sea salt to create a great taste!
5 Surprising Health Benefits of Sacha Inchi
1) Weight Loss: As one of the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, Sacha Inchi nuts can help balance cortisol levels. When cortisol levels are controlled, food cravings and mood swings are reduced. In fact, medical personality Dr. Oz lists Sacha Inchi as one of his best snacks for weight loss.
2) Omega Fatty Acids: Medical studies have shown that Sacha Inchi’s high concentration and proper balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids reduces the risk of heart disease, and its fats are largely monounsaturated and polyunsaturated.
3) Complete Protein: As a complete protein, inca peanuts contain every amino acid your body needs to function properly. Sacha inchi provides 9 grams of protein per serving!
4) Bone Health: Since Sacha Inchi is high in omega-3 fatty acids, it can support bone structure. Omega-3 fatty acids enhance bone mineral content by helping the body absorb calcium. Eating more foods rich in omega-3s can help protect your bones as you age.
5) Skin and Hair: Sacha inchi nuts provide nutrients that promote supple skin and silky hair. Omega-3 fatty acids support hydration and protect against inflammation, while the vitamin E found in Sacha Inchi prevents free radical damage that can harm your skin.
Sacha Inchi: Our Registered Dietitian’s Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes that Sacha Inchi provide a complete sources of protein because they have all essential amino acids and a small handful (one ounce) has about 9 grams of protein. They add great crunch to salads and make a perfect alternative to traditional nuts.
Ratings & Reviews
not a favorite. to much like eating the fine shell of a nut. not very tasty.JOE, Chicago, IL
I love these nuts, which are really seeds! They taste like a crunchy toss up between a peanut and a roasted soybean. Look them up on the internet to learn of all their nutritional potential! They are a truly delicious "super-food"!Gail, Burbank, CA
Good taste and texture...might be better lightly dusted with sea salt.Carol, Oakland, CA
I was surprised!! Love the crunch and there is no salt. I will definitely order againSharon, Winchester, TN
Sacha Inchi Seeds. Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Serving size 28g (~1 oz.)
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from Fat||126|
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of origin: Peru