Fruit Pectin Mix
Fruit pectin is commonly used as a thickener in jams and gelatin. Complete your baking pantry with this essential thickener, available in bulk.
How to Make Homemade Jam
Ingredients: 3 ¾ cups fruit, 5 ¼ cups sugar, 3 tablespoons fruit pectin.
1) Prepare fruit however you like it: pureed, julienned, finely diced, crushed.
2) Pack 3 ¾ fruit solidly in cup. If measure is slightly short, add water. Place measured fruit in 6 or 8-quart sauce pot.
3) Stir fruit pectin into prepared fruit. Sauce pot must be no more than half full to allow for a full rolling boil.
4) Bring to a full boil over high heat stirring constantly. At once stir in sugar. DO NOT REDUCE SUGAR. Stir and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down). Then boil one minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
5) Skim off foam with large metal spoon. Immediately ladle into jars leaving ¼ inch space at top. With a damp cloth, wipe jars and threads clean.
6) Immediately cover jars with lids. Screw on firmly.
7) Place in boiling water bath carefully setting jars on rack in canner or large sauce pot of boiling water. Water should cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Cover canner and return the water to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove jars from canner.
8) Check seals. Jar lids should be slightly concave or remain so when pressed. Store jam in a cool dry place.
Yields approximately six cups. Recipe may vary due to moisture in fruit.
Great buy on really good pectin. I've used this in lots of recipes and they turn out great. I got a big order this time and split it with my mom. If you do a lot of bottling with pectin, this is the way to go. Love the product!Mark, Willard, UT
Great. Just what I was looking for. I love making jam.Betty, Poway, CA
products are of good quality, but need more recipes for jellyGelene, Gwinner, ND
Works great!Robert, Helen, GA
Dextrose, pectin, fumaric acid Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Serving size 15g (~0.5 oz.)
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from Fat|
Store at room temperature for up to 1 year.
Country of origin: United States