7 Good Reasons To Start Eating Chia Seeds
- Help weight loss. Chia seeds are popular for weight loss. They reduce food cravings by preventing some of the food that you eat from getting absorbed into your system. This blockage of calorie absorption makes them a great diet helper.
- Feel fuller faster: They can also help your diet by making you feel full. This is because they absorb 10 times their weight in water, forming a bulky gel.
- Hydration for athletes: They are also great for athletes because the "chia gel" can hydrate the body.
- Reduce your blood pressure: There's evidence to suggest they can reduce blood pressure.
- Omega-3: They are the richest plant source of Omega-3 (the vital fats that protect against inflammation—such as arthritis—and heart disease). In fact, they contain more Omega-3 than salmon!
- Benefits for diabetes: Because chia seeds slow down how fast our bodies convert carbohydrates into simple sugars, studies indicate they can control blood sugar. This leads scientists to believe chia seeds may have great benefits for diabetics.
- They are easier to digest than flax seeds, and don't need to be ground up.
Why You Should Get Your Chia Seeds From Us
- Price: Our prices are much lower than some other suppliers. That's because we're one of America's biggest suppliers of chia seeds. Also, we deal directly with the farmers, so there's no "middleman".
- They are great quality. If you don't believe us, buy some of our chia seeds and some from elsewhere, and do yourself a blindfolded test—like the Pepsi Challenge but with more Omega-3.
- Our customers love them. See their almost deliriously happy comments below.
- No added weirdness: Our chia seeds were "raised well"; they are raw, non-GMO, non-irradiated, and produced without pesticides. Yippee!
- We guarantee to be in stock and will ship out the same business day.
What the Experts Say About Chia Seeds
Dr. Oz from the Oprah show says,"They just may be one of the healthiest things around."
Nutrition expert Dr. Weil said, "A healthful and interesting addition to my diet. My prediction? You will begin to see chia being added to more and more commercial products, such as prepared baby foods, nutrition bars, and baked goods."
Our Registered Dietitian’s Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut chooses chia seeds as a top pick because of their overall nutrition package including: healthy fats, fiber, and minerals. In fact, just one tablespoon of chia seeds provides nearly 20 percent of your daily fiber goals. Plus, chia seeds are rich in essential fatty acids, which are a type of fat that the body needs to function that must come from food. Try stirring in a tablespoon of chia seeds into tea, juice or milk for a nutrient boost! Or thanks to their water absorbing properties, chia seeds are great for making pudding.
How to Eat Chia Seeds (Including Recipes)
Chia seeds make an incredibly healthy—and often unnoticeable—addition to many foods.
Here are some great ways to enjoy chia seeds:
- They can be eaten raw. (They have a nice "nutty" flavor.)
- They can be soaked in fruit juice (in Mexico, they call this "chia fresca").
- They're perfect in porridges and puddings.
- They make an ideal addition to baked goods including breads, cakes and biscuits.
How Many Chia Seeds Should You Eat? We recommend two daily doses of about 20 g each (1.5 ounces total).Delicious chia recipes:
- Chia Water
- Chia Smoothie
- Chia Rice Salad
- Chia Vegetable Stir Fry
- Chia Seed Fruit Drink
- Chocolate Truffles with Chia Seeds (Gluten Free)
- Apricot Truffles with Chia Seeds (Gluten Free)
- Chia Cereal
- Chia Pudding with Maca
- Chia Fresca
Got a recipe you think we'd like? Submit it here!
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)Calories 137
Fat Cal. 72
|Total Fat 9g||13%||Total Carb. 12g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||4%||Dietary Fiber 11g||42%|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0%||Sugars 0g|
|Sodium 5mg||0%||Protein 4g|
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0% • Calcium 18% • Iron 14%|
|* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
First time order from Nuts.com and I was so happy with the freshness and value of my items, as well as the fast shipping and great packaging! The free sample that was included was a fun surprise! I highly recommend nuts.com for fresh products and fast shipping! I went nuts over my purchase!
I love these chia seeds! Best ever!
What's really to love about a seed LOL As long as it does what it says I will love it.
The best I have tasted so far. Thank you so much!
Need to grind them up for my smoothie, but another great product
Great products, great service!
MY SISTER LOVES THIS STUFF!! THANK YOU
Great way for me to get my omega's. add them into most anything I eat.
As I do a lot of bread baking, will use these in place of poppy seeds.
I have never had these seeds before but heard they were healthy. I put them in my oatmeal.